This office is also responsible for the issuance of building, demolition, and moving permits, and the inspection of property.
Building permits are issued 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
If a contractor is performing the work, then the contractor must be the one to pull the permit (per Sec. 8-36 of the City of Joliet Code of Ordinances).
Building Permit Applications
- Application For Building [PDF]
- Residential Building Permit Application: Roof, Siding, Fence, Flatwork, Deck, Shed, Windows [PDF]
- Electrical [PDF]
- Heating, Cooling, Refrigeration & Ventilation Systems [PDF]
- Plumbing [PDF]
- Permanent Signs (including large real estate signs) [PDF]
- Sign Erectors License Application [PDF]
- Temporary Signs [PDF]
- Temporary Tent/Stage/Air-Supported Structures/Bleachers [PDF]
- Tree Service Business License Application [PDF]
- Wrecking Permit Application [PDF]
For additional information or if a permit is not listed, contact the Building/ Inspections Division using the information below:
Building & Inspectional Services Division
Don Pallissard, Building Services Director
150 W. Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
First Floor, South Wing
Hours: 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m., Monday - Friday*
*Building permits issued 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m., Monday - Friday
Fax: (815) 724-4080