This office is also responsible for the issuance of building, demolition, and moving permits, and the inspection of property.
Building permits are issued 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
If a contractor is performing the work, then the contractor must be the one to pull the permit (per Sec. 8-36 of the City of Joliet Code of Ordinances).
Building Permit Applications
Please Open Permit Documents with latest version of Internet Explorer. If you are not using Internet Explorer, the Submit button may not work. Please download the form, complete, save a copy to your device, and email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessory Residential Building Permit Application [PDF]
- General Building Permit Application [PDF]
- In addition to the permit application all commercial and industrial projects will need to include a completed Application Review Form. [PDF]
- Electrical Permit Application [PDF]
- Heating, Cooling, Refrigeration & Ventilation Systems Permit Application [PDF]
- Plumbing Permit Application [PDF]
- Sign Permit Application, Permanent Signs (Including Large Real Estate Signs) [PDF]
- Sign Permit Application, Temporary Sign [PDF]
- Sign Erectors License Application [PDF]
- Temporary Tent/Stage/Air-Supported Structures/Bleachers Permit Application [PDF]
- Tree Service Business License Application [PDF]
- Wrecking Permit Application [PDF]
For additional information or if a permit is not listed, contact the Building/ Inspections Division.
Building & Inspectional Services Division
Don Pallissard, Building Services Director
150 W. Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL 60432
First Floor, South Wing
Hours: 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m., Monday - Friday*
*Building permits issued 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m., Monday - Friday
Fax: (815) 724-4080