COVID-19 Update and the City of Joliet - For more info visit: Coronavirus Resources/ Actualizacion de COVID-19 y La Ciudad de Joliet - Para más información visite: Coronavirus Resources

Contractor Registration

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

There are no fees for contractor registration. 

All Contractors doing work in the City of Joliet require a Certificate of Insurance naming City of Joliet as certificate holder. The minimum requirements are as follows:

Certificate of Insurance - General Liability Limits

 $250,000.00  Bodily Injury  One Person
 $500,000.00  Bodily Injury  Per Occurrence
 $250,000.00  Property Damage  Per Occurrence

Please fax Certificates of Insurance to (815) 724-4080.

These Contractors have additional requirements:

  • Contractor working in the Public Right-of-Way: requires a $10,000 Street Obstruction Bond
  • Demolition Contractor (taking a structure down): requires a $50,000 Wrecking Bond
  • Plumbing Contractor: Illinois State Plumbing License (055 #)
  • Electrical Contractor: City of Joliet Electrical License or license from another municipality
  • HVAC Contractor: City of Joliet or another municipality HVAC/Business License
  • Roofing Contractor: Illinois State Roofing License
  • Siding Contractor: VSI (Vinyl Siding Institute) Certificate

There are no fees or applications for contractor registration.

Building permits are issued 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m., Monday through Friday.