There are no fees for contractor registration.
All Contractors doing work in the City of Joliet require a Certificate of Insurance naming City of Joliet as certificate holder. The minimum requirements are as follows:
Certificate of Insurance - General Liability Limits
|$250,000.00||Bodily Injury||One Person|
|$500,000.00||Bodily Injury||Per Occurrence|
|$250,000.00||Property Damage||Per Occurrence|
Please fax Certificates of Insurance to (815) 724-4080.
These Contractors have additional requirements:
- Contractor working in the Public Right-of-Way: requires a $10,000 Street Obstruction Bond
- Demolition Contractor (taking a structure down): requires a $50,000 Wrecking Bond
- Plumbing Contractor: Illinois State Plumbing License (055 #)
- Electrical Contractor: City of Joliet Electrical License or license from another municipality
- HVAC Contractor: City of Joliet or another municipality HVAC/Business License
- Roofing Contractor: Illinois State Roofing License
- Siding Contractor: VSI (Vinyl Siding Institute) Certificate