A plat of survey is required for all permits for installation of, replacement of, and additions to fences, decks, pools, patios (with or without a roof), driveways, driveway aprons, sidewalks, garages, pergolas and similar structures, and additions. This includes the replacement of flatwork (driveways, aprons, sidewalks) with the same dimensions and location.
If you’re having troubles locating your Plat of Survey, refer to these options:
- Closing Papers from Purchase of Home
- Mortgage Company may have a copy
- FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) with the City of Joliet
- Try to call these three (3) Surveying Companies for possibility of a copy:
- Geotech Inc. 815-730-1010
- Rogina Engineering 815-729-0777
- Ruettiger & Tonelli 815-744-6600
If none of these options are successful in obtaining the Plat of Survey per address of the proposed project, you’ll have to resurvey. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the City of Joliet Building Department at 815-724-4070.