Choose from the list below to petition the City for permits and variances. If your petition is not listed contact the Planning Division for more information at (815) 724-4050.
Due to the shelter-in-place order, Joliet City Hall is closed to the public until further notice. During this time, the Planning Division will still be accepting petition applications.
You can file your petition via mail or email (email is preferred) by submitting the petition application, ownership disclosure form and required attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If submitting by email, we will contact you via email with payment instructions. If submitting by mail, please include a check with the appropriate fee with your application. The required attachments will vary by petition (see specific petition forms below), but typically include a plat of survey as well as a site plan, floor plan or concept plan.
*Petitioners are strongly advised to speak with someone in the Planning Division prior to filing*
Ownership Disclosure [PDF]
Fee Schedule [PDF]
Plan Commission Forms
- Additional House Plans and Miscellaneous Petition
- Annexation Petition [PDF]
- Detachment Petition [PDF]
- Planned Unit Development Petition [PDF]
- Street Name Change Application [PDF]
- Subdivision of Land [PDF]
- Vacation of Right-of-Way/Easement [PDF]
- Zoning Reclassification Petition [PDF]
Zoning Board of Appeals Forms
- Special Use Permit Petition [PDF]
- Variation or Variation of Use Petition [PDF]
- Special Exception Application [PDF]
To check the zoning of a property click here.
Joliet Historic Preservation Commission Forms
Meeting Dates [PDF]
- Application for Appointment [PDF]
- Certificate of Appropriateness [PDF]
- Local Landmark Application [PDF]
- Owner Consent Form [PDF]
Michael J. Schwarz, AICP, Director
Second Floor, 150 W. Jefferson St.
Joliet, IL 60432
Fax: (815) 724-4056