*In light of City Hall being shut down due to the Coronavirus, we will not be applying late fees to water bills until after City Hall has reopened.
You may still mail in your payment, drop it in the blue dropbox, use the telephone payment system, or pay online.
The $2.50 convenience fee for phone and online payments will be waived during this time.
Thank you for your cooperation during this matter.*
Please contact us at (815) 724-3820 if you are in need of assistance, or if you have any questions in regards to your bill.
UTILITY BILL PAYMENTS:
- Automatic Bank Draft (autopay)
- Electronically through your bank’s online bill pay
- Online through City’s website (secured)
- U.S. Mail to PO Box 5001 Joliet, IL 60434-5001
- Automated Phone Service available 24 hours a day (877)811-3799
- In person at City Hall or at local bill payment centers
- Drop box outside of City Hall
***If water is off due to non-payment, please report any payment made on-line or through the automated phone system to a Customer Service Representative, in order to get water reinstated.***
Automatic Bank Draft (autopay)
- The City has an automatic bank draft program for payment of Utility Bills. The program is absolutely FREE!!! The required authorization agreement must be completed and returned to City Hall. A voided check must be attached to the signed form. A note stating “Bank Draft-Do not Pay” will appear on your bill after you have been accepted. It may take up to 2 billing cycles for acceptance. The bill amount will be deducted from your checking account on the due date.
- Click here to make an on-line payment. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are accepted, as well as e-checks. The maximum payment allowed is $300, but multiple payments are accepted. A user fee of $2.50 will be charged per payment. You can also suppress your utility bill from printing through this link as well.
Automated Phone Payments
- You can now pay your water bill 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call (877)811-3799 or (815)724-3969 at your convenience. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards are accepted as well as e-checks. The maximum payment allowed is $300, but multiple payments are accepted. A user fee of $2.50 will be charged per payment. Any payment made through the automated phone system has a 24 hour delay of posting to your utility account.
- A service fee is charged at all locations except City Hall. Please be aware that any payment made outside the Municipal facility can be delayed a minimum of 3-5 business days. If your water is off due to non-payment, please do not pay at a Payment Center. Payment Centers
PAYMENTS OTHER THAN UTILITY BILLS:
- Mail to: 150 W Jefferson St, Joliet, IL 60432
- By Phone: 815-724-3820 8:00am-4:30pm M-F
- In person: at City Hall
- Drop box: outside of City Hall