The City of Joliet has adopted the Responsible Bidder Ordinance. In addition to any other requirement, unless otherwise expressly stated in a bid solicitation or an award of contract, all bidders must comply with the following requirements in order to submit a bid or be awarded a contract and include satisfactory evidence thereof in its bid.
(1) The bidder must be a duly organized legal entity in good standing with the Illinois Secretary of State and in compliance with all laws prerequisite to doing business in Illinois.
(2) The bidder must have a valid Federal Employer Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number.
(3) The bidder must be an equal opportunity employer and comply with Section 2000(e) of Chapter 21, Title 42 of the United States Code and Executive Order No. 11246.
(4) The bidder shall provide certificates of insurance indicating the following coverages if called for in the bid solicitation: general liability, workers compensation, completed operations, automobile, hazardous occupation and product liability.
(5) The bidder must comply with all provisions of the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act (820 ILCS 130), including wages, medical and hospitalization insurance and retirement for those trades covered in the Act.
(6) All contractors and sub-contractors performing services covered by the Illinois Prevailing Wage Act must submit to the City the certified payrolls required by the Act, as amended by Illinois Public Act 94-0515.
(7) For construction projects (construction of new facilities, renovation of existing facilities or road construction projects) over $25,000.00, or demolition contracts over $25,000.00, the bidder must provide apprenticeship and training programs that are either registered with the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training or are reasonably equivalent to such programs.
Margaret E. McEvilly