The mission of the City of Joliet Legal Department is to act as legal counsel for the City of Joliet, its elected officials, officers and employees (in their official capacities), and to provide legal advice to the various City Departments and officials.
- Advise on matters for certain commissions and committees.
- Provide counsel to the Mayor on issues pertaining to the Joliet Liquor Code and prosecute liquor code violations.
- Provide legal advice concerning matters to the City Council and drafting ordinances and resolutions as required.
- Collect debts owed to the City of Joliet.
- Represent the City's interest in all bond issues and other financing initiatives and monitor City involvement in prior bond issues, other municipal financing and development.
How to Contact Us
|Our office is located at:||City Hall
150 West Jefferson Street, East Wing
Joliet, Illinois 60432
Our main office is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. We are closed on all major holidays. Please phone first on holidays to confirm that the office is open.
|Our main phone number is:||(815) 724-3800|
|Our Fax number is:||(815) 724-3801|
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT CANNOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE ON NON-CITY RELATED MATTERS OR TO MEMBERS OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
IF YOU REQUIRE LEGAL ASSISTANCE AND CANNOT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY, PLEASE CONTACT WILL COUNTY LEGAL ASSISTANCE AT (815) 727-5123.