Evidence Unit: 815-724-3040
The Joliet Police Department Evidence Unit is a separate unit in the Investigations Division, and is comprised of a Sergeant and several sworn Evidence Technician Officers. Evidence Technician Officers, often compared to 'Crime Scene Investigators', have a wide variety of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Processing crime scenes.
- Collecting, evaluating, and storing evidence.
- Act as a liaison between local, state, and federal regional crime labs.
Evidence Unit Officers go through a vast amount of different training classes and courses to stay up-to-date with today's fast moving world.
FINGERPRINTING **DUE TO COVID-19 THERE IS CURRENTLY NO FINGERPRINTING BEING DONE**
The Joliet Police Department Evidence Unit does offer fingerprinting services. Appointments are NOT made for fingerprinting. However, we recommend you call ahead (815-724-3100) to check availability, as fingerprinting is done by Evidence Technicians availability.
- Must be a City of Joliet resident (those outside city limits should contact their hometown jurisdiction)
- Must bring a valid form of government-issued identification
- Must have an official fingerprint card provided by their employer or agency requesting the fingerprints
- $5.00 fee paid at Joliet Police Department front desk
2020 Fingerprinting Dates & Times:
- July 8th, 8am-12pm
- August 12th, 8am-12pm
- September 9th, 8am-12pm
- October 14th, 8am-12pm
- November 11th, 8am-12pm
- December 9th, 8am-12pm