COVID-19 Update and the City of Joliet - For more info visit: Coronavirus Resources/ Actualizacion de COVID-19 y La Ciudad de Joliet - Para más información visite: Coronavirus Resources

Contact Us

Emergency: 9-1-1

(815) 724-3100

(815) 726-2491

File a Police Report

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

File a Police Report

In an emergency, always call 9-1-1. For non-emergencies, call us at (815) 726-2491.

There are three alternative methods of filing a police report. Victims can visit the front desk of either police station or file a report online.

Many types of police reports can now be filed over the phone or electronically. In most cases, you can file an online or telephone report for the offenses of: accidental damage to property, theft under $500, criminal damage to property, civil matters, lost property, nuisance complaints, animal complaints, and information for police. Generally, when one of these crimes occurred, there is no suspect information, and a safety threat doesn’t exist, these reports are eligible for an alternative response.

Front Desk


Telephone Reporting Unit (TRU)

  • 815-724-3480

Report Drug Dealing

The Joliet Police Department has a dedicated Drug Unit whose task is to combat drug dealing in our city. If you have witnessed drug dealing, or suspect that a specific house or area is involved in drug dealing, complete our online form. Your information will be sent directly to the Drug Unit, and will remain anonymous if you prefer.

If you would rather speak with a member of the Drug Unit directly, please contact Sergeant Doug May at 815-724-3232.

Report Graffiti

Citizens can report graffiti through the Service Request page.

File a Compliment or a Complaint About an Officer

Our department strives to provide professional law enforcement services to the community. If you wish to submit a complaint or a compliment about a department member, please fill out our contact form.