Overall District & Sector Map
Our policing areas are divided into Districts (East, Central, West) and Sectors. In 2017, our Sectors were redrawn to align with the population change and volume of calls for service.
The East District includes areas in the City of Joliet east of the Des Plaines River, and currently has 6 Sectors (11-16). It includes:
- Joliet Police Department Main station (150 W Washington St, Joliet, IL 60432).
- Downtown City Center (Harrah's Casino, The Rialto, The Forge, and many other entertainment venues).
- Pilcher Park.
- Joliet Township East High School & Joliet Township Pathways Academy.
- Far-south commercial district (CenterPoint, Intermodal, Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet Autobahn)
- Forest Park, Liberty Meadows, Ridgewood, Neufairfield, Thunder Ridge, Springview West, Edgecreek Estates, Chestnut Pointe, Bee Dee Highlands, Neufairfield, Parkwood, Fairview, Edgecreek, Cedar Creek neighborhoods.
The Central District includes all City of Joliet areas bordered by the Des Plaines River (to the east), Theodore St (to the north), the 'Joliet Junction Trail' (to the west), and Interstate 80 (to the south). The Central District currently has 6 Sectors (20 - 25). It includes:
- Amita Presence St. Joseph Medical Center
- The central business areas (Plainfield Rd area, Larkin Ave area, W Jefferson St area).
- Joliet Township West High School.
- St. Pat’s, Reedwood, Idyleside, Midland West, Cathedral, St Mary's, Cunningham, Garnsey, Old Plank, Emerald Lawns, Briargate, Bridal Wreath, and Marycrest neighborhoods.
The West District includes all City of Joliet areas west of the The 'Joliet Junction Trail' / Gaylord Rd in both Will and Kendall counties, and currently has 6 Sectors (30 - 35). It includes:
- Joliet Police West Sub-Station (7196 Caton Farm Rd, Plainfield, IL 60586).
- The west business areas (Mall Loop, Rt 59, Essington Rd, W Jefferson St).
- The west commercial areas (I-80 & Houbolt Rd area, McDonough St & Caterpillar Dr area).
- Plainfield South High School & Joliet Junior College.
- Glenwood Manor, Old Kent, Twin Oaks, Timbers, Sanctuary, Autumn Lakes, Beaver Creek, Warwick, Picardy, Wexford, Grand Prairie, Chase Lakes, Heritage Lakes, Lakewood Falls, Cambridge, Springwood, Caton Crossing, County Glen, Riverbrook, Wedgewood, Brighton Lakes, Wesemere, Mayfair, Cumberland, Clublands, Greywall, and Lakewood Prairie neighborhoods.
- Hollywood Casino.