Albert Fiero House — 207 South Eastern Avenue
The Albert W. Fiero House is a 2-story, wood clapboard, Queen Anne/Stick style structure built in 1886 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The asymmetrical massing of the Queen Anne style is seen in the massive, 2-story, projecting, trapezoidal bay located to the left of the front doors. Original, double wood front doors, topped with a single glass transom, provide a focal point for the front façade. The first floor windows in the projecting bay are topped with leaded glass transoms. The main body of the house has decorative wood struts which help define the Stick style of the residence.
Mr. Albert Fiero bought additional property so that he could build this house on the site of a smaller home. Mr. Fiero worked as an inspecting engineer for the Rock Island Railroad and also was engaged in land speculation, a common practice of his day. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the East Side National Register District.