C. H. Carpenter/August Maue House — 314 Sherman Street
The C. H. Carpenter House/August Maue House is a two-story, wood clapboard, Italianate/Stick style structure built in 1884 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The structure is distinguished by a two-story trapezoidal bay on the north and south elevations and heavy, bracketed cornices, and a low, flat-top, hip roof. A small, modified entry porch is located on the right side of the front façade. The structure is a Local Landmark and part of the East Side National Register District.