Charles L. Wallace House — 709 Campbell Street
The Charles L. Wallace House is a tan brick 2½-story American Foursquare style structure designed by Joliet architect Charles Wallace as his own residence in 1907. The house is capped with a steep-sloped pyramidal hip roof with single dormers on either side and twin dormers on the front. The main floor features a front porch sheltered by a shed roof and supported on rectangular brick columns. Charles Wallace was a well-known architect of institutional buildings. Mr. Wallace designed St. Patrick’s and St. Raymond’s Churches in Joliet and numerous other notable churches and schools in the Chicago area. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the Upper Bluff National Register District.