The Cronin School — 1215 Houbolt Road
The one-room school house was built in 1863 and originally located on the Cronin Farm, north of Black Road. The school served Troy Township for 87 years. Mr. Ed Larkin purchased the building in 1952 and remodeled it into his home. The Larkin family donated the building to the Joliet Junior College Foundation in 1987 and it was moved to the Joliet Junior College Main Campus that same year. The structure was restored to its pre-1935 one-room school house condition using materials that replicate that era. The structure is a Local Landmark.