Dairy Queen — 501 North Chicago Street
The property at 501 N. Chicago Street, known as the Original Dairy Queen building, is a two-story, brick, Vernacular style structure built in 1895 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The structure has an inset front entry framed on each side by full-height plate glass display windows. The street level is whitewashed brick and the upper level is original red brick with ornate brickwork detailing. The structure is landmarked for architectural importance and its historical association as the original location of Dairy Queen in the United States.