Edward C. Barrett House — 612 Western Avenue
The Edward C. Barrett House is a 2-story, stucco, Prairie style structure designed by Joliet architect C.W. Webster in 1910. The house is distinguished by a massive, open, 2-story Arts and Crafts front porch with a stucco archway resting on broad, rectangular columns. The residence is topped with a multi-colored, Spanish clay tile hip roof with broad overhangs typical of the Prairie style. A matching, stucco, single-car garage with multi-colored tile hip roof is located at the rear of the property. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the Upper Bluff National Register and Local Districts.