Edward R. Holmes House — 615 Campbell Street
The Edward R. Holmes House is a large 2½-story, brick Minimalist Tudor structure built in 1924 on a Joliet Limestone foundation. The structure exhibits a massive, steeply-pitched, end gable roof with a centered, engaged chimney and symmetric proportions on the front façade. The structure is defined as Minimalist Tudor because it exhibits the basic characteristics of a Tudor (two stories, steeply-pitched roof, tall vertical massing) but lacks the stucco and timber detailing most commonly associated with Tudor architecture. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the Upper Bluff National Register District.