Guy L. Meaker House — 611 Campbell Street
The Guy L. Meaker House is a 2 ½-story, cement stucco, Tudor Revival style structure built in 1910 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The structure is distinguished by an engaged chimney rising up the center of the main façade piercing the wide roof overhang at the ridge. The original owner was an inventor named Guy Meaker. Mr. Meaker held numerous patents and is the likely namesake for the “Meaker Process,” an electro galvanizing process used to create galvanized steel. Guy Meaker holds 9 patents related to the process. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the Upper Bluff National Register and Local Districts.