J. W. FitzGibbons House — 700 Western Avenue
The J. W. FitzGibbons House is a 2½-story, wood clapboard, American Foursquare style structure with Classical Revival detailing, built in 1905 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The front façade is dominated by a full-width, Classical open front porch supported on paired half-height Ionic columns resting on a limestone wall. The house has a flared hip roof with 3’ wide eaves accented by decorative scroll corbels. An original carriage house is located at the rear of the property. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the Upper Bluff National Register and Local Districts.