Lydia A. Culver House — 408 Buell Avenue
The Lydia A. Culver House is a 2½-story, wood clapboard, Colonial Revival/Foursquare style structure built in 1898 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The structure is dominated by an expanded, full-width, open front porch supported by Ionic columns. The porch is topped by a balustrade. The structure has the original front entry door flanked by sidelights. In 1905, the structure was the home of J.W. King, President of Joliet Dry Goods, a major retail merchant in Joliet. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the Upper Bluff National Register District.