Morris Niver Farmhouse — 16720 W. Division/Lockport Street
The Morris Niver Farmhouse is a 2-story, wood clapboard, Greek Revival style structure built circa 1850 on a limestone foundation. The once south-facing structure was turned and relocated about 150’ south of the original foundation to accommodate new office development. The structure now faces east. The structure is a rare example of a pre-Civil War rural farmstead (once common in the Midwest in the 1850’s). An early settler, Morris Niver, purchased the farm property in 1842 and retained ownership of the parcel until 1878. The upper level of the residence included a dance hall which served as a regional social recreation center until the early 20th century. The structure is a Local Landmark.