Old Central Presbyterian Church — 17 South Richards Street
The Central Presbyterian Church is a 2-story Joliet limestone Victorian Gothic style structure built in 1895 on a Joliet limestone foundation. It was designed by the firm of Knox and Elliot, two architects who met while working in the office of famed Chicago architect Daniel H. Burnham. This structure, landmarked for both architectural and historical importance, is an excellent example of the Victorian Gothic style. This is best seen in the polychromatic use of stone.
The congregation used the structure for nearly a century before selling it. During those years, it was used for a great many church events, including the wedding of Marshall Field IV to Miss Kay Woodruff of Joliet.
The church is part of the Jacob Henry Estate and is available for banquets and special occasion parties.