Ottawa Street Methodist Church — 204 North Ottawa Street
The Ottawa Street Methodist Church is a two-story, Neoclassical Revival style structure built by George Julian Barnes in 1909 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The structure is a wonderful and bold interpretation of the Triumphant Arch motif as applied to a Neoclassical Revival institutional building. The building is a west-facing, rectangular structure with load-bearing brick walls of five course common bond with Bedford limestone detailing. It has an Ionic portico of Bedford limestone. The pediment is supported by two columns and the entablature is inscribed with the words: ”For the Glory of God." The structure now serves as the home of the Joliet Area Historical Museum and is a Local Landmark.