Thomas and Julia Egan House — 255 North Raynor Avenue
The Thomas and Julia Egan House is a 2½-story American Foursquare style cement stucco structure built in 1912 on a Joliet limestone foundation. This property and the property at 257 N. Raynor Street comprise the Raynor's Addition Thematic District, which has historical significance as an example of early city planning by Dr. Raynor, who proposed the Raynor's Addition subdivision in 1872. The 60-acre subdivision employed a T-shaped alley design that allowed lots to have frontage on Raynor Avenue as well as the east/west side streets within the subdivision. Thus, Raynor Avenue became an attractive entry into the neighborhood. The property is a Local Landmark.