William W. Wood House — 712 Western Avenue
The William W. Wood House is a 2½-story, wood clapboard, Queen Anne/Stick style structure built in 1896 on a Joliet limestone foundation. The clapboard siding is articulated with decorative wood struts which give the house the Stick style effect. The main façade is dominated by a massive wrap porch, in-filled with glass windows. The porch is circa 1924 and replaces an earlier spindled wrap porch which had an elaborate, curved corner. The house is topped with a steeply-pitched hip roof with a low eyebrow window set in the roof. A 2½-story tower frames the northwest corner of the house. The structure is a Local Landmark and is part of the Upper Bluff National Register and Local Districts.